A Church to Call Home
At JOY Church, we believe that the church is a place where you should feel at home. It means you don’t have to try to impress anyone. It means that you come as you are and are welcomed. At the same time, Jesus is the foundation and solid rock upon which our home is built so we try to honor Jesus in all that we do.
A Family to Belong
Our desire is that you experience JOY as a family to which you belong. Family is a very strong theme in the New Testament. In fact, the Bible says that we are brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. Through His death and resurrection, we have all become adopted in the family of Jesus. (Romans 8:15, Ephesians 1:5). Does that mean we are perfect in every way? No, but it does mean our family strives to love one another just as Jesus loved us. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” John 15:12
A Place to Grow
In the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), Jesus said that we are all to be disciples. Being Jesus’ disciple is more than attending church on Sunday. To be a disciple is to learn at the feet of Jesus, to be so compelled His love for us that we, in return, love Him and learn to observe all that He has commanded us. Therefore, we study and learn in many ways, such as: worship, Bible study, Youth Groups, small groups, community projects and outreach.
Way to Connect
- Bible study We have several Bible studies. Click here for days and times. All Bible studies are open to everyone, no matter much experience or how little. If you’re hesitant about joining a Bible study, talk with the pastor about setting up a home bible study.
- Education hour for adults is each Sunday before worship from 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. (October – May)
- Sister of JOY Once a month, the Sister of JOY have a luncheon for food and fellowship.
- Men’s Fellowship Once a month, the men of JOY gather for coffee and fellowship.
- Youth Events From time to time throughout the year, we get together for fun and for growing in faith.
- Movie nights Throughout the year we show Christian/faith-based movies. They are free to attend.
- Community Projects We are committed to being the love of Jesus in our community with numerous activities such as visiting nursing homes; packing food/volunteering at food shelves; writing notes of encouragement; supporting our missionaries here and throughout the world.