Jesus said that we are to be his disciples. We’ve summed it up in three parts: Grow ALIVE, Grow DEEP and Grow BOLD.
Jesus asked his disciples a simple, but profound question, “Who do you say that I am?” That single question cuts through everything else. What about you? How do you answer Jesus?
When you place your faith in Jesus, you go from being dead in your sin to being alive in Christ. In fact, the Bible says that when you believe and confess that Jesus died for your sin and rose from the dead you become a new creation. You receive the promise of everlasting life with God in heaven.
We invite you to know Jesus and the joy that only He can give!
Once you are alive in Jesus, you need to grow deep roots of faith. Growing deep is key to being a life-long follower of Jesus. At JOY, we offer many different ways to grow deep. Here are just a few things that we offer:
- Bible study We have several Bible studies. Click here for days and times. All Bible studies are open to everyone, no matter much experience or how little. If you’re hesitant about joining a Bible study, talk with the pastor about setting up a home bible study.
- Education hour for adults is each Sunday before worship from 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. (October – May)
- Sister of JOY Once a month, the Sister of JOY have a luncheon for food and fellowship.
- Men’s Fellowship Once a month, the men of JOY gather for coffee and fellowship.
- Youth Events From time to time throughout the year, we get together for fun and for growing in faith.
- Movie nights Throughout the year we show Christian/faith-based movies. They are free to attend.
- Community Projects We are committed to being the love of Jesus in our community with numerous activities such as visiting nursing homes; packing food/volunteering at food shelves; writing notes of encouragement; supporting our missionaries here and throughout the world.
As you grow deep in the love and knowledge of Jesus, you realize that Jesus is True not just for you, but he is Vitally True for everyone. You start to realize that because the gospel really is the power of God for salvation unto all who believe, you begin to share the gospel message with others. But it’s not just about evangelism. You walk along side others, mentoring and encouraging them as they grow alive and deep in their faith. This is the call of discipleship and disciple-making.