We’re really glad that you’re considering worshiping with us. We believe that church is a place where you should feel at home. It means you don’t have to try to impress anyone; you are invited and welcomed.
As you plan your visit, we’ve tried to answer some questions you may have about JOY.
Who is JOY Church?
- We are family of believers who gather together to Worship, Learn, Grow and Love. We worship Jesus as Lord and Savior, we learn day-by-day to be His followers, we grow deep in our faith, and we love Him and each other. Simple, yet profoundly moving.
- We are a family that believes the Bible is God’s Word from the beginning to the end and that Jesus is the only way of salvation. We rejoice in the Gospel message of forgiveness and reconciliation.
- We are a member of the Association of Free Lutheran Congregations (AFLC). This means that we are grounded in biblical and Lutheran doctrine that is shared with grace and love.
What time is worship?
- Sunday worship begins at 9:30 a.m. We normally conclude by 10:45 a.m.
What is the service like?
- We have an order of worship that we follow, but we tend to keep it pretty simple. Central to our worship is the message and the Lord’s Supper.
- Each message is based on Scripture and our goal is for you to hear solid Christian theology in a relatable manner that will help you know Jesus and grow in being his follower.
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week. Our Communion table is open to all who confess Jesus as Lord, have been baptized, repent of their sins and seek the assurance of forgiveness.
What is the music like?
- Our services include a mix of traditional hymns and contemporary Christian music.
How should I dress?
- The simple answer is whatever is most comfortable for you is fine with us. We’re much more interested in you growing in the knowledge and love of Jesus than what you wear.
What’s available for my children?
- A nursery room is available during worship for parents with infants and young children.
- Before worship we have an education hour for 1st grade through 8th grade.
What other activities do you offer?
- Bible study We have several Bible studies. Click here for days and times. All Bible studies are open to everyone, no matter much experience or how little. If you’re hesitant about joining a Bible study, talk with the pastor about setting up a home bible study.
- Education hour for adults is each Sunday before worship from 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. (October – May)
- Sister of JOY Once a month, the Sister of JOY have a luncheon for food and fellowship.
- Men’s Fellowship Once a month, the men of JOY gather for coffee and fellowship.
- Movie nights Throughout the year we show Christian/faith-based movies. They are free to attend.
- Community Projects We are committed to being the love of Jesus in our community with numerous activities such as visiting nursing homes; packing food/volunteering at food shelves; writing notes of encouragement; supporting our missionaries here and throughout the world.